Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Making Progress... We Hope

So we are officially adopting. I'm not really sure that I have the emotional energy right now to explain all that I am thinking and feeling. I will simply say that we are VERY excited.

We are going to have a phone orientation with someone from Gladney on the 25th of this month. And as awesome as it is to have that on the calendar, I'm already feeling like we could be moving faster. By the time we have the orientation a month will have already passed since we filled out our information sheet. I was really hoping to get through this initial stuff a lot faster.

During the orientation they will explain the adoption process to us - including the massive amount of paperwork we have to fill out and send off. So I guess now we are just praying that our living situation will not be a major obstacle. We are planning to explain everything over the phone during our orientation, though I would much rather deal with it in person.

I will continue to post updates when there is any new info or progress. Thanks to everyone that is keeping us in their prayers and will stand beside us through this long process.

5 comments:

Nana said...

I love your blog and I am so excited about your adoption. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well.
Love you bunches!

Sara said...

So glad you have a blog now, although I probably already know everything in it. We are praying for you guys and are so excited for you!!

The Follett Family said...

Wow! That is great! Keep us posted! I put you on my favorite links in my blog!

Hank and Lindsay said...

Love the pictures :) We can't wait to see the adoption process unfold along with you guys, we will be praying for minimal obstacles and also for your sweet baby. Love you!

The Hales said...

Thanks everyone for all your support and positivity. It is the only way we are going to get through the difficult road that lies ahead of us. So again, thanks!